Creating a powerful job attracting LinkedIn profile is a great way to help you stand out from the crowd on LinkedIn. Here are some simple things you can do to help enhance your profile
- Edit your Linked Profile headline. Start by writing a specific headline. Tell employers what value you add and make them want to learn more. Keep your audience in mind and avoid technical terms that may be unfamiliar to them.
- Update your LinkedIn Profile summary. Your summary is where you can add more details and showcase your achievements. Provide statistics to describe your impact. Add multimedia attachments like videos and work samples to help you stand out.
- Choose your photo. Pick an image that looks professional and clear. Focus on your face and use flattering natural light.
- Add keywords. Help recruiters and automated search tools find you. Browse through job descriptions and job adverts for keywords that are popular in your field and include them in your profile, including the headline and summary.
- Choose your URL. LinkedIn gives your profile a URL, but you can change it to something that you like better or might work more effectively for you. If your name is already taken, use a slight variation with your middle initial.
- Welcome recruiters. Is your LinkedIn profile visible to recruiters? Go into your privacy settings to be sure that you’ve opted for the ‘open to opportunities’ to let them know that you want to hear from them.
- Be consistent. Your CV is usually written for a specific opening while your LinkedIn profile is a more general statement. Its therefore worth ensuring that you update it at least 4-6 times a year depending on how often changes happen in your work history
The more up to date and compete you make your LinkedIn profile, the greater your chances are of being found by your dream recruiter .
Thanks for reading this edition of the Career Coaching Matters newsletter, I hope you enjoyed the topics covered. Here are some ways to access more career advice and tips:
- Access coaching guides and videos full of tips, advice, tools:
- Join My Career Coaching Matters event –
→ Click to join My FREE 5 Day LinkedIn Profile Make Over and learn how to create a job attracting LinkedIn profile
- → Follow me on LinkedIn, and click the 🔔 at the top of my profile page to learn more about Career Coaching Matters events, and join the conversation on my posts.
- Subscribe to receive more articles full of tips on how to thrive at work: